Full Name: Kristen Jaymes Stewart
Nicknames: Kris, KStew
Height: 5′ 5″ (1.65 m)
Date of Birth: April 9, 1990
Birth Location: Los Angeles, California
Family: Her father is John Stewart, a TV Producer who works at FOX TV. Mother is Jules Mann-Stewart, a script supervisor who is directing her first film K-11 (2010), which stars Kristen.
Relationship Status: In 2008, Kristen confirmed to Vanity Fair that she is dating actor Michael Angarano.
Job: Actress since the age of 8, first gig was was as a girl waiting for a drink in the movieThirteenth Year, her major breakthough performances are Panic Room and Twilight.
- Films:The Shining, ET, Spaceballs
- Music: Preference for Classic Rock. Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Cars, The Band, The Doors. Also is a fan of Interpol
- Actresses: Jodie Foster, Evan Rachel Wood, Natalie Portman
- Actors: Emile Hirsch, Robert DeNiro
- Directors: Martin Scorcese, Michael Gondry
- A Huge Fan Of: Jodie Foster, Mary Stuart Masterson
- Hobbies & Interests: Traveling, Surfing, Writing (went through a poetry phase, and at one point wanted to write a novel or screenplay)
- Role Model: Her grandma, “For her strength and resilience.”
- They covet Rob. I think half of them are so jealous that they hate me. Girls are scary. Big groups of girls scare the crap out of me. (about “Twilight” co-star Robert Pattinson and his female fans)
- Oh, I don’t know . Anything that’s beat up. I kind of like to look like a hobo. (on her favourite designer)
- [Twilight] Deals with the universe, and what life is about. You can make that cliché and bullshit and make it with everything being on the surface, [or] in this case make it a pretty triumphant love story.
- I don’t want to make movies for kids, and I don’t want to make movies for adults either.
- People like her, oddly enough, and she has no idea why. Then she falls in love with a vampire. What I like about it is that the characters are really unique. (on her “Twilight” character, Bella)
- When I got Panic Room I’m like, ‘Oh my God that’s huge! It’s bigger than huge.’ I was kind of freaked out at first.(about working on the 2002 movie, “Panic Room”, with Jodie Foster)
- Wearing pajamas for four months was weird, but very comfortable. (on wearing pajamas for so long while filming the movie “Panic Room”)
- I had to act in a school play when I was about ten years old. I really didn’t want to do it. But everyone had to do it so I didn’t have a choice. A talent agent came and watched it and later gave me some work. It’s funny because I’d always known that I wanted a movie career. I just didn’t think that I would be in the movies. (on how she started acting)
- I love it because I love to tell stories. I like being in movies that have a great story. I’m not so interested in being a Hollywood star. It’s a job, you know. When you wake up at six in the morning every day for a week, it feels like hard work. (on her love for acting)
- I’d like to. But that’s definitely not all I want to do. It’s not the most intellectually stimulating thing that you can possibly do. I want to go to college. I’m going to take four years off. I don’t want to miss that. I want to be a writer. I think that’d be awesome. (on pursing acting as a career)
- I would say Jodie Foster because she’s not just an actress. She’s a director, she’s a producer, she’s a writer. She’s conquered the business. You don’t see her much in the press. She’s very, very well respected, very professional. She’s awesome. (on acting role model)
- I think that it empowers kids, and kids like that because in real life when they’re at school teachers are kind of overbearing. Sometimes older people can kind of be patronizing. But when movies empower kids, I think they like it a lot. (on why spy movies featuring kids are so popular)
- I think it shows that if you have a best friend, you help them no matter what happens. I think kids can relate to that. (on the film, “Catch That Kid”)
- Has an older brother named Cameron and two adopted brothers named Dana and Taylor. They reside with her parents in the Woodland Hills area of Los Angeles. Kristen purchased her own home in 2008 and divides her time between there and her parents’ residence.
- Her father is John Stewart, a TV Producer who works at FOX TV.
- Born in Los Angeles, California and then spent some of her early years in Colorado and has moved back to Los Angeles where she currently resides with her parents.
- Supporter and member of the Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet.
- Was ranked #17 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actress list. (2008).
- Had to wear brown contact lenses for Twilight (2008/I) because she has naturally green eyes while Bella’s eyes are supposed to be brown.
- Nominated 3 consecutive years (2003-2005) for the Young Artist Award, but never won.
- Named The Movie Fanatic’s Hottest Young Actress. (2008).
- Has 3 dogs: Oz, a border collie mix, Jack and Lily who are mutts. Also has a cat named Jella.
- Was ranked #9 on Moviefone’s ‘The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25′(2008).
- Her mother is Australian.
- Reads novels by Charles Bukowski and Kurt Vonnegut Jr..
- Favorite book is “East of Eden” by John Steinbeck. Also likes the book “The Stranger” by Albert Camus.
- Mother is Jules Mann-Stewart, a script supervisor who is directing her first film K-11 (2010), which stars Kristen.
- Was introduced to Vegemite (an Australian spread) by her Maroochydore-born mum, and names Noosa Heads (a Queensland resort town) as one of her favorite places on the planet. Her Australian heritage also inspired the name of her dog, a border collie named Oz.
- Kristen is very close friends with with her Twilight co-star, Nikki Reed.
- Since 2006, Kristen has been dating Speak co-star, Michael Angarano.
- Kristen’s role as Bella Swan in the film, Twilight, earned her a total of $2 million. The sequel New Moon will earn her a total of $12 million.
- Kristen made her film debut alongside Glenn Close in the 2001 film, The Safety of Objects.
- Kristen wrote the song “Tracy’s Song” for her movie Into the Wild, and performed it for the soundtrack, along with the song “Angel from Montgomery”.
- List Rankings & Appearances:
• 2008 – No.11, lovefilm.com’s Best Actress Under 30
• 2009 – No.39, AIM’s 50 Hottest Redheads
• 2009 – No.8, AIM’s 100 Celebs Under 25
• 2009 – No.17, Entertainment Weekly’s 30 Under 30
• 2009 – No.5, Premiere’s 40 Most Beautiful Hollywood Women
• 2009 – No.9, lovefilm.com’s Best Actress Under 30
- Kristen is 5’6″ (1.68 m) tall. Her natural eye color is green.
- She wears brown contacts for her role as Bella Swan in the film, Twilight.
- Kristen loves to surf.
- Kristen’s character, Bella Swan, in the film, Twilight, will be made into an action figure, released by Tonner Doll Company in Spring, 2009.
- For the prom scene in Twilight Kristen suggested the song, ‘Flightless Bird, American Mouth’. The song was then both put into the movie and the soundtrack.
- She has three dogs named Oz, a border collie mix, and Jack and Lily, who are both mutts. Kristen also has a cat named Jella.
- She has appeared in a commercial for Porsche.
- Kristen was named Hottest Young Actress by The Movie Fanatic.
- She greatly admires actor Heath Ledger and actress Evan Rachel Wood.
- Kristen replaced Hayden Panettiere for the role of Sarah Altman in Panic Room, which also starred Jodie Foster.
- Kristen is a supporter and member of the Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet.
- Kristen got a record player for her birthday because of her love for classic rock.